Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm training for a marathon?

I've never been a "runner". You know, one of those people who have been running for years. They are super fit, healthy, dedicated commitment types who eat oatmeal and oranges for breakfast. They've been running since track in fifth grade and have the latest running gear. No, that's not me. It took me six years to get through undergrad. I'm kind of a commitment-phobe and have trouble finishing things. I get to the very end of a movie and turn it off, read three quarters of a book and set it down, wash the dishes and leave a spoon and a cup for later...
I'm ready for change. I'm ready to make a big commitment and see it through 26.2 miles down the path. I'm running the Kalamazoo marathon in Michigan the weekend of my 30th birthday.

5 comments:

  1. You can do it, I believe in you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Can't wait to follow you running 26.2 miles! I am impressed that you are even trying! Did you finish "The Help"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud of you indeed. You surely can do it !

    ReplyDelete